Children and youth associations
Bambiriáda is unbeatably the biggest opportunity for Children & Youth Associations and Leisure Time Centres in the Czech Republic to introduce their activities. It is organised by the Czech Council of Children and Youth at the end of May each year. Over one hundred of Children and Youth Associations and Children and Youth Centres and similar initiatives can show to more than 200,000 visitors: children, young people, parents, politicians, and the whole society in almost thirty towns how they contribute to the joy, personal growth, and meaningful use of leisure time of children and young people.
Over the eight years the event has gained a high recognition. A number of public administration institutions are involved in its organisation; information media show an increased interest in the event and it is under auspices of a number of politicians at local as well as national level. Bambiriáda in respective regions is often a symbol of successful co-operation between non-governmental non-profit organisations and municipalities and of their common interest in the future of children and youth.
- Mgr. Ondřej Liška, minister of education, youth and sports
- MUDr. Mgr. Ivan Langer, minister of the interior
- JUDr. Vlasta Parkanová, minister of defence
- Mgr. Václav Jehlička, minister of culture
- MUDr. Džamila Stehlíková, minister without portfolio
- Lieutenant General Ing. Vlastimil Picek, chief of the General Staff Armed Forces of the Czech Republic
- plk. Mgr. Oldřich Martinů, Police Chief of the Czech Republic
- Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic
Bambiriáda Going International
It has already been a few years since Bambiriáda does not take place only in the Czech Republic: it was already held also in Slovakia and Poland. Some Czech towns organise Bambiriáda meetings with young people and volunteers who are involved in after-school activities and who come from partner-towns from abroad.